Re: Cleaning up historical portability baggage

From: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Cleaning up historical portability baggage
Date: 2022-08-15 20:26:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Aug 16, 2022 at 7:51 AM Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> [1] https://cirrus-ci.com/task/4643322672185344?logs=main#L16

Derp, I noticed that that particular horrendous quick and dirty test
code was invalidated by a closesocket() call, but in another version I
commented that out and it didn't help. Of course it's possible that
I'm still doing something wrong in the test, I didn't spend long on
this once I saw the bigger picture...