Re: Built-in connection pooler

From: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Konstantin Knizhnik <k(dot)knizhnik(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Dimitri Fontaine <dim(at)tapoueh(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Built-in connection pooler
Date: 2019-07-08 00:37:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Jul 2, 2019 at 3:11 AM Konstantin Knizhnik
<k(dot)knizhnik(at)postgrespro(dot)ru> wrote:
> On 01.07.2019 12:57, Thomas Munro wrote:
> > Interesting work. No longer applies -- please rebase.
> >
> Rebased version of the patch is attached.
> Also all this version of built-ni proxy can be found in conn_proxy
> branch of https://github.com/postgrespro/postgresql.builtin_pool.git

Thanks Konstantin. I haven't looked at the code, but I can't help
noticing that this CF entry and the autoprepare one are both features
that come up again an again on feature request lists I've seen.
That's very cool. They also both need architectural-level review.
With my Commitfest manager hat on: reviewing other stuff would help
with that; if you're looking for something of similar complexity and
also the same level of
everyone-knows-we-need-to-fix-this-!(at)#$-we-just-don't-know-exactly-how-yet
factor, I hope you get time to provide some more feedback on Takeshi
Ideriha's work on shared caches, which doesn't seem a million miles
from some of the things you're working on.

Could you please fix these compiler warnings so we can see this
running check-world on CI?

https://ci.appveyor.com/project/postgresql-cfbot/postgresql/build/1.0.46324
https://travis-ci.org/postgresql-cfbot/postgresql/builds/555180678

--