Re: stat() vs ERROR_DELETE_PENDING, round N + 1

From: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Juan José Santamaría Flecha <juanjo(dot)santamaria(at)gmail(dot)com>, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Subject: Re: stat() vs ERROR_DELETE_PENDING, round N + 1
Date: 2021-09-02 13:01:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Sep 3, 2021 at 12:44 AM Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> NtFileCreate()

Erm, that's spelled NtCreateFile. I see Michael mentioned this
before[1]; I don't think it's only available in kernel mode though,
the docs[2] say "This function is the user-mode equivalent to the
ZwCreateFile function", and other open source user space stuff is
using it. It's explicitly internal and subject to change though,
hence my desire to avoid it.

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/a9c76882-27c7-9c92-7843-21d5521b70a9%40postgrespro.ru
[2] https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/api/winternl/nf-winternl-ntcreatefile