Re: Add test case for sslinfo

From: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Hao Wu <hawu(at)pivotal(dot)io>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Add test case for sslinfo
Date: 2019-07-08 04:05:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Jul 8, 2019 at 2:59 PM Hao Wu <hawu(at)pivotal(dot)io> wrote:
> I see there is no test case for sslinfo. I have added a test case for it in my project.

Hi Hao Wu,

Thanks! I see that you created a CF entry
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/24/2203/. While I was scanning
through the current CF looking for trouble, this one popped in front
of my eyes, so here's some quick feedback even though it's in the next
CF:

+#!/bin/bash

I don't think we can require that script interpreter.

This failed[1] with permissions errors:

+cp: cannot create regular file '/server.crt': Permission denied

It looks like that's because the script assumes that PGDATA is set.

I wonder if we want to include more SSL certificates, or if we want to
use the same set of fixed certificates (currently under
src/test/ssl/ssl) for all tests like this. I don't have a strong
opinion on that, but I wanted to mention that policy decision. (There
is also a test somewhere that creates a new one on the fly.)

[1] https://travis-ci.org/postgresql-cfbot/postgresql/builds/555576601

--
Thomas Munro
https://enterprisedb.com