Re: PATCH: logical_work_mem and logical streaming of large in-progress transactions

From: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut(at)gmail(dot)com>, Erik Rijkers <er(at)xs4all(dot)nl>, Kuntal Ghosh <kuntalghosh(dot)2007(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PATCH: logical_work_mem and logical streaming of large in-progress transactions
Date: 2020-08-14 04:40:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Aug 13, 2020 at 6:38 PM Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> I have pushed that patch last week and attached are the remaining
> patches. I have made a few changes in the next patch
> 0001-Extend-the-BufFile-interface.patch and have some comments on it
> which are as below:

Hi Amit,

I noticed that Konstantin Knizhnik's CF entry 2386 calls
table_scan_XXX() functions from an extension, namely
contrib/auto_explain, and started failing to build on Windows after
commit 7259736a. This seems to be due to the new global variables
CheckXidAlive and bsysscan, which probably need PGDLLIMPORT if they
are accessed from inline functions that are part of the API that we
expect extensions to be allowed to call.