Re: Cygwin cleanup

From: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: Cygwin cleanup
Date: 2022-08-04 04:16:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Aug 4, 2022 at 3:38 PM Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com> wrote:
> [train wreck]

Oh my, so I'm getting the impression we might actually be totally
unstable on Cygwin. Which surprises me because ... wait a minute ...
lorikeet isn't even running most of the tests. So... we don't really
know the degree to which any of this works at all?

> This shows that it *can* pass, if slowly, and infrequently:
> https://cirrus-ci.com/task/6546858536337408

Ok, that's slightly reassuring, so maybe we *can* fix this, but I'm
one step closer to what Tom said, re wasting developer time...

> [lots of improvements]

Cool.

> Why did you write "|| exit /b 1" in all the bash invocations ? I think cirrus
> handles that automatically.

Cargo-culted from libarchive.