Re: making relfilenodes 56 bits

From: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: making relfilenodes 56 bits
Date: 2022-07-21 04:23:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Jul 20, 2022 at 11:27 PM Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> [v10 patch set]

Hi Dilip, I'm experimenting with these patches and will hopefully have
more to say soon, but I just wanted to point out that this builds with
warnings and failed on 3/4 of the CI OSes on cfbot's last run. Maybe
there is the good kind of uninitialised data on Linux, and the bad
kind of uninitialised data on those other pesky systems?