Re: In which case PG_VERSION file updates ?

From: Raghavendra <raghavendra(dot)rao(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: In which case PG_VERSION file updates ?
Date: 2011-09-25 09:26:56
Lists: pgsql-general

Thanks Adrian Klaver,

Provided link gives about the information of what PG_VERSION file, which am
aware of:)

In my observation, all the object related OID's, _fsm, _vm files under
$PGDATA/base/database-oid/ directory will change as per the changes made to
the database, whereas PG_VERSION file never changes. Because its the file
tells on which version of Binary the Data directory is built upon.

So, my question is, Is there any case, where PG_VERSION file updates with
any of the utility process or
PG_VERSION file never been touched by PG-Instance ?

---
Regards,
Raghavendra
EnterpriseDB Corporation