Re: Problem with logical replication

From: Masahiko Sawada <masahiko(dot)sawada(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: Euler Taveira <euler(dot)taveira(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Problem with logical replication
Date: 2020-05-12 09:35:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, 11 May 2020 at 16:28, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz> wrote:

> On Sun, May 10, 2020 at 07:08:03PM -0300, Euler Taveira wrote:
> > I attached a patch with the described solution. I also included a test that
> > covers this scenario.
>
> - Assert(RelationGetReplicaIndex(rel) == RelationGetRelid(idxrel));
> + Assert(GetRelationIdentityOrPK(rel) == RelationGetRelid(idxrel));
>
> Not much a fan of adding a routine to relcache.c to do the work of two
> routines already present, so I think that we had better add an extra
> condition based on RelationGetPrimaryKeyIndex, and give up on
> GetRelationIdentityOrPK() in execReplication.c.

+1

In any case, it seems to me that the comment of
build_replindex_scan_key needs to be updated.

* This is not generic routine, it expects the idxrel to be replication
* identity of a rel and meet all limitations associated with that.

For example, we can update the above:

* This is not generic routine, it expects the idxrel to be replication
* identity or primary key of a rel and meet all limitations associated
* with that.

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/