Re: BUG #15612: pgadmin4

From: Francisco Olarte <folarte(at)peoplecall(dot)com>
To: gigicasadei(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #15612: pgadmin4
Date: 2019-01-29 11:22:14
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Tue, Jan 29, 2019 at 11:53 AM PG Bug reporting form
<noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org> wrote:
> Hi, I apologize in advance,

Apologies may be ok, but searching a bit and posting in more
appropiate lists, like the pgadmin4 related ones or the general list
would have been netter.

> I do not write for a bug but for a general consideration on the usability of pgadmin4.

And you wrote it as a bug of postgres, which is a totally different (
although related ), product.

> Pgadmin 4 is practically useless and unusable

Well, that's a bold statement. I, personally,do not use it, as I
prefer to use the tools bundled by the "manufacturer", but a lot of
people seem to be using it ( and a lot seem to be liking it ), which
kind of disproves your afirmation. Are you sure it's not a PEBKAC
issue?

> It is one of the worst db administration tools released by the manufacturer of the db itself.

Its not releases by the manufacturer. I'm not familiar by it, but just
opening "pgadmin.org" in the browser and clicking one I found it is
done by "The pgAdmin Development Team". Another click reveals lots of
pgadmin specific places to complain about it.

> I hope it is considered constructive criticism.

I would not consider it constructive. I normally expect constructive
criticism to propose solutions, even if they are fuzzy, or to at least
point to specific problem areas to aid in fixing things. You do not
seem to have done anything, not even taking the time to find an
appropiate place to complain. I, personally, would consider this
trolling, but other people may differ. AAMOF I'm replying to this
instead of just ignoring this hoping you are just misguided, or you
have not been able to find appropiate places / ways to complain ( as
opposed to too lazy to google and read for a couple of minutes ),
otherwise I would have applied the "do not feed the trolls" policy and
just ignore your message.

Do a little research, post concrete peeves in the appropiate places
and you may be able to get some responses.

F.O.S.