Top posting....

From: Francisco Olarte <folarte(at)peoplecall(dot)com>
To: Gavin Flower <GavinFlower(at)archidevsys(dot)co(dot)nz>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Top posting....
Date: 2017-05-11 17:04:44
Lists: pgsql-general

Slightly unrelated...

On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 11:21 PM, Gavin Flower
<GavinFlower(at)archidevsys(dot)co(dot)nz> wrote:
> It is normal on this list not to top post, but rather to add comments at the
> end (so people can see the context) - though interspersed comments in the
> body of the text is okay when appropriate!

I'd rather say interspersed comments with the TRIMMED text body is the
appropiate thing to do. Bottom posting ( edited ) being a particular
case of that when only a single topic/question is being answered.

Full quoting ( I mean the people which even quotes others signatures )
is especially ugly, combined with top posting I feel it as insulting (
to me it feels as 'you do not deserve me taking time to edit a bit and
make things clear' ) ( but well, I started when all the university
multiplexed over a 9600bps link, so I may be a bit extreme on this )

Regards.
Francisco Olarte.