Re: Incomplete startup packet help needed

From: Francisco Olarte <folarte(at)peoplecall(dot)com>
To: memtec <juanantonio(dot)izquierdo(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Incomplete startup packet help needed
Date: 2014-11-06 12:40:14
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Juan Antonio:

On Tue, Nov 4, 2014 at 9:54 PM, memtec <juanantonio(dot)izquierdo(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> You can force this message executing:
> $ echo | nc SERVER_IP 5432
> 2014-11-04 21:44:37 CET LOG: incomplete startup packet

What do you need help on? PG uses a binary protocol, you sent it bad data
( I think this will open connection, send a \n byte, shutdown it ) and it
complained in the first check ( I suppose it is due to the connection
expecting an startup packet with a given format, and it couldn't get it
because it's longer than 1 byte, everything is prety well documented, RTFM
).

Regards.
Francisco Olarte.