Postgres AST Deparser for Postgres

From: Dan Lynch <pyramation(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Developers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Postgres AST Deparser for Postgres
Date: 2022-05-16 16:32:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

HI all! I wanted to share a useful tool that I built during the pandemic.
One of my deepest projects I’ve created in postgres, and I’m excited to
share it with the community and get ideas and feedback.

I do a lot of functional programming and needed dynamic SQL. My personal
belief is that ORMs are the wrong interface to creating migrations, and I
prefer a pg native, functional approach. This library was actually one of
the base extensions of a larger set, that I used this to create higher
level structures for creating migrations. So while this is “low-level” you
can definitely create stored procedures that do make higher-level if you
wish.

I hope some of you find this useful with your projects!

postgres-ast-deparser
A pure plpgsql AST toolkit and deparser for PostgreSQL, which can be used
to create ASTs and deparse them back into strings in native Postgres.
https://github.com/pyramation/postgres-ast-deparser