Re: BRIN indexes - TRAP: BadArgument

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com>, Erik Rijkers <er(at)xs4all(dot)nl>, Emanuel Calvo <3manuek(at)esdebian(dot)org>, Nicolas Barbier <nicolas(dot)barbier(at)gmail(dot)com>, Claudio Freire <klaussfreire(at)gmail(dot)com>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BRIN indexes - TRAP: BadArgument
Date: 2014-11-04 08:42:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 3 November 2014 22:18, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:

> So here's v21. I also attach a partial diff from v20, just in case
> anyone wants to give it a look.

Looks really good.

I'd like to reword this sentence in the readme, since one of the main
use cases would be tables without btrees
It's unlikely that BRIN would be the only
+ indexes in a table, though, because primary keys can be btrees only, and so
+ we don't implement this optimization.

I don't see a regression test. Create, use, VACUUM, just so we know it
hasn't regressed after commit.

--
Simon Riggs http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/