Re: Add min and max execute statement time in pg_stat_statement

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: KONDO Mitsumasa <kondo(dot)mitsumasa(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)heroku(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Add min and max execute statement time in pg_stat_statement
Date: 2014-01-26 08:48:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 23 January 2014 12:43, KONDO Mitsumasa <kondo(dot)mitsumasa(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp> wrote:

> I tested my patch in pgbench, but I cannot find bottleneck of my latest
> patch.
> Attached is latest developping patch. It hasn't been test much yet, but sqrt
> caluclation may be faster.

Thank you for reworking this so that the calculation happens outside the lock.

Given your testing, and my own observation that the existing code
could be reworked to avoid contention if people become concerned, I
think this is now ready for commit, as soon as the last point about
Windows is answered.

--
Simon Riggs http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/