Re: Extend libpq to support mixed text and binary results

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: Albe Laurenz <laurenz(dot)albe(at)wien(dot)gv(dot)at>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Extend libpq to support mixed text and binary results
Date: 2012-11-07 13:37:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 7 November 2012 13:08, Albe Laurenz <laurenz(dot)albe(at)wien(dot)gv(dot)at> wrote:

> - I think that every feature of the line protocol should
> be exposed in the C API.

Exposing every possible bug in ther underlying protocol isn't the best
plan though, especially when doing so complicates the API just to
support this.

Are those the only reasons you want this? They seem pretty thin set of
requirements to me that will lead to dead and hard to test code.

Or perhaps associated measurements are needed to show clear benefit?
i.e. please convince somre more.

--
Simon Riggs http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/