Re: proposal: plpgsql - Assert statement

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: Petr Jelinek <petr(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Jim Nasby <Jim(dot)Nasby(at)bluetreble(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: proposal: plpgsql - Assert statement
Date: 2014-11-19 11:35:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 18 November 2014 21:19, Petr Jelinek <petr(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:

> Personally, I see this as natural extension of the conditional block control
> which we already have for loops with CONTINUE WHEN and EXIT WHEN. This
> basically extends it to any block and it seems quite natural to have it for
> me...

That's a reasonable argument to include it.

I seem to share the same opinion with Andrew: its not going to hurt to
include this, but its not gonna cause dancing in the streets either. I
would characterize that as 2 very neutral and unimpressed people, plus
3 in favour. Which seems enough to commit.

Perhaps I misunderstand, Andrew?

Any objectors, say so now or I will commit tomorrow.

--
Simon Riggs http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/