Re: Recovery target 'immediate'

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Cédric Villemain <cedric(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: Recovery target 'immediate'
Date: 2013-05-07 16:36:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 7 May 2013 13:50, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com> wrote:

>> Can I suggest that we discuss a range of related changes together? So
>> we have a roadmap of agreed changes in this area. That will be more
>> efficient than discussing each one individually; often each one makes
>> sense only as part of the wider context.
>

> Sure, do you have something else in mind related to this?

Not right this second. But I feel it would be better to consider
things in a more top-down "what do we need in this area?" approach
than the almost random mechanisms we use now. Given each of us seems
to be equally surprised by what others are thinking, it would make
sense to have a broader topic-level discussion, make a list of the
thoughts and priorities in each area and discuss things as a whole.

--
Simon Riggs http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/