Re: Fast DSM segments

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Fast DSM segments
Date: 2020-06-10 17:37:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Jun 9, 2020 at 6:03 PM Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> That all makes sense. Now I'm wondering if I should use exactly that
> word in the GUC... dynamic_shared_memory_preallocate?

I tend to prefer verb-object rather than object-verb word ordering,
because that's how English normally works, but I realize this is not a
unanimous view.

It's a little strange because the fact of preallocating it makes it
not dynamic any more. I don't know what to do about that.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company