Re: tableam vs. TOAST

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Prabhat Sahu <prabhat(dot)sahu(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: tableam vs. TOAST
Date: 2019-10-30 16:16:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 3:49 AM Prabhat Sahu <prabhat(dot)sahu(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
wrote:

> While testing the Toast patch(PG+v7 patch) I found below server crash.
> System configuration:
> VCPUs: 4, RAM: 8GB, Storage: 320GB
>
> This issue is not frequently reproducible, we need to repeat the same
> testcase multiple times.

I wonder if this is an independent bug, because the backtrace doesn't look
like it's related to the stuff this is changing. Your report doesn't
specify whether you can also reproduce the problem without the patch, which
is something that you should always check before reporting a bug in a
particular patch.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company