Re: Excessive CPU usage in StandbyReleaseLocks()

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Excessive CPU usage in StandbyReleaseLocks()
Date: 2018-06-19 14:45:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 2:30 AM, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de> wrote:
> This should be a PANIC imo.

-1. As a developer, I would prefer PANIC. But as an end-user, I
would much rather have replay continue (with possible problems) than
have it stopped cold in its tracks with absolutely nothing that I as
the administrator can do to fix it. We should be building this
product for end users.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company