Re: Extended statistics is not working on Vars hidden under a RelabelType

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: David Rowley <david(dot)rowley(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Álvaro Herrera <alvaro(dot)herrera(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Extended statistics is not working on Vars hidden under a RelabelType
Date: 2017-10-16 16:28:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 2:36 AM, David Rowley
<david(dot)rowley(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
> I personally think it's great we're starting to see a useful feature
> materialise that can help with poor row estimates from the planner.

I agree. My original post to this thread was more of a throw-away
comment than anything, and I'm not attacking the feature. I didn't
think it was a very clear example and, TBH, I still don't. But I
don't want to blow that up into a big debate on the virtues of this
feature, which I never intended to question, or on the correctness of
the patch, which I also did not intend to question.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company