Re: [v9.5] Custom Plan API

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Kouhei Kaigai <kaigai(at)ak(dot)jp(dot)nec(dot)com>
Cc: Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com>, Kohei KaiGai <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Shigeru Hanada <shigeru(dot)hanada(at)gmail(dot)com>, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PgHacker <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Jim Mlodgenski <jimmy76(at)gmail(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Subject: Re: [v9.5] Custom Plan API
Date: 2014-11-07 22:46:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 2:35 AM, Kouhei Kaigai <kaigai(at)ak(dot)jp(dot)nec(dot)com> wrote:
>> FYI, patch v12 part 2 no longer applies cleanly.
>>
> Thanks. I rebased the patch set according to the latest master branch.
> The attached v13 can be applied to the master.

I've committed parts 1 and 2 of this, without the documentation, and
with some additional cleanup. I am not sure that this feature is
sufficiently non-experimental that it deserves to be documented, but
if we're thinking of doing that then the documentation needs a lot
more work. I think part 3 of the patch is mostly useful as a
demonstration of how this API can be used, and is not something we
probably want to commit. So I'm not planning, at this point, to spend
any more time on this patch series, and will mark it Committed in the
CF app.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company