Re: BUG #17485: Records missing from Primary Key index when doing REINDEX INDEX CONCURRENTLY

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #17485: Records missing from Primary Key index when doing REINDEX INDEX CONCURRENTLY
Date: 2022-05-25 17:17:49
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Wed, May 25, 2022 at 12:43 PM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org> wrote:
> > It seems to me that we should just revert.
>
> Deciding to revert makes me sad, because this feature is extremely
> valuable for users. However, I understand the danger and I don't
> disagree with the rationale so I can't really object.

Right, I mean I'm not saying I *like* reverting, and I'm not disputing
it's a good feature. Just that, if we have to choose between this
feature and not having index corruption, we better not have index
corruption.... and I'm not seeing any way that we can just tweak this
and make it work.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com