Re: Add system identifier to backup manifest

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Amul Sul <sulamul(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Add system identifier to backup manifest
Date: 2024-03-13 19:18:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Mar 8, 2024 at 12:14 AM Amul Sul <sulamul(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Thank you for the improvement.
>
> The caller of verify_control_file() has the full path of the control file that
> can pass it and avoid recomputing. With this change, it doesn't really need
> verifier_context argument -- only the manifest's system identifier is enough
> along with the control file path. Did the same in the attached delta patch
> for v11-0002 patch, please have a look, thanks.

Those seem like sensible changes. I incorporated them and committed. I also:

* ran pgindent, which changed a bit of your formatting
* changed some BAIL_OUT calls to die; I think we should hardly ever be
using BAIL_OUT, as that terminates the entire TAP test run, not just
the current file

Thanks,

--
Robert Haas