Re: Show various offset arrays for heap WAL records

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Melanie Plageman <melanieplageman(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Show various offset arrays for heap WAL records
Date: 2023-01-27 20:02:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Jan 27, 2023 at 12:24 PM Melanie Plageman
<melanieplageman(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> I believe I have addressed this in the attached patch.

I'm not sure what's best in terms of formatting details but I
definitely like the idea of making pg_waldump show more details. I'd
even like to have a way to extract the tuple data, when it's
operations on tuples and we have those tuples in the payload. That'd
be a lot more verbose than what you are doing here, though, and I'm
not saying you should go do it right now or anything like that.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com