RLS open items are vague and unactionable

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RLS open items are vague and unactionable
Date: 2015-09-10 20:48:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

The open items list here:

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_9.5_Open_Items

...currently has the following items related to RLS:

CREATE POLICY and RETURNING
Arguable RLS security bug, EvalPlanQual() paranoia
Dean's latest round of RLS refactoring.
more RLS oversights

Those items don't seem to have changed much in the last month, but I
think what I'm actually more concerned about is that I don't really
know what they mean or how serious they are. Is there a way that we
can rephrase this list into a form such that, if somebody were
motivated to work on these issues, they'd be able to contribute? And
if they were not motivated to work on them but at least wanted to
understand the situation, that would be easy?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company