Re: Bug tracker tool we need

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Greg Sabino Mullane <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Bug tracker tool we need
Date: 2012-04-18 03:22:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 11:07 PM, Greg Sabino Mullane <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com> wrote:
> Let's not let perfect be the enemy of good. In this case, *anything*
> that actually tracks bugs (and they are all quite good at that,
> if nothing else) is an improvement over what we have now, and thus,
> quite good. :)

I respectfully disagree. I would rather be chained to an angry cat
for a day than have to use Bugzilla on a regular basis. RT is better,
but the UI is still laughably bad. Try sticking a 74-email long
thread into an RT ticket and then try to do anything with it. Now try
in Gmail (even the new, revised, slightly-harder-to-use Gmail). It's
not close.

> Personally, I'm okay with, and have extensively hacked on, Bugzilla
> and RT, but anything should be fine as long as we have someone
> to take ownership.

Therein lies another problem...

--
Robert Haas