Re: Key management with tests

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, Masahiko Sawada <masahiko(dot)sawada(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Key management with tests
Date: 2021-01-15 21:23:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Jan 15, 2021 at 3:49 PM Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> wrote:
> I am planning to apply this next week.

I don't think that's appropriate. Several prominent community members
have told you that the patch, as committed the first time, needed a
lot more work. There hasn't been enough time between then and now for
you, or anyone, to do that amount of work. This patch needs detailed
and substantial review from senior community members, and multiple
rounds of feedback and improvement, before it should be considered for
commit.

I am not even sure there is a consensus on the design, without which
any commit is always premature.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com