Re: Schedule and Release Management Team for PG10

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Schedule and Release Management Team for PG10
Date: 2017-03-29 03:16:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 10:34 AM, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
> As previously agreed at the PGCon 2016 developers meeting, we'll
> institute v10 feature freeze at the completion of the current
> commitfest (end of this month).

This means, as I understand it, that no new features should be
committed by anyone past the end of March, unless for some reason the
RMT decides to grant an extension for some particular case. Instead,
we should work on clearing out the open items list, so that we can go
to beta in a timely fashion.

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_10_Open_Items

If you have posted a bug fix patch for something committed to this
release, and it hasn't been committed yet, please a link to the thread
to the open items list. If you have reported an issue with a v10
commit and it has not been fixed yet, please similarly add a link to
the open items list. If, on the other hand, you committed a patch
that has generated one or more open items, please fix them. Logical
replication is currently leading in the contest for "most unaddressed
open items" with 8, followed closely by SCRAM authentication with 6
and partitioning with 5.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company