Re: pgsql: Removed unused variable, openLogOff.

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: Postgres hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgsql: Removed unused variable, openLogOff.
Date: 2019-03-07 13:03:19
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Mar 6, 2019 at 6:53 PM Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 06, 2019 at 02:47:16PM +0000, Robert Haas wrote:
> > Removed unused variable, openLogOff.
>
> Is that right for the report if data is written in chunks? The same
> patch has been proposed a couple of weeks ago, and I commented about
> it as follows:
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20190129043439.GB3121@paquier.xyz

Oh, sorry, I didn't see the earlier thread. You're right that this is
messed up: if we're going to report startOffset rather than
openLogOff, we need to report nleft rather than bytes. I would prefer
to change nbytes -> nleft rather than anything else, though, because
it seems to me that we should report the offset and length that
actually failed, not the start of the whole chunk which partially
succeeded.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company