Re: Releasing in September

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)heroku(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Subject: Re: Releasing in September
Date: 2016-01-25 15:45:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 9:51 AM, Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com> wrote:
> This signal is common, particularly for smaller patches, and it ought to
> remain common. The product would advance slowly if every contrib module or
> vacuumdb flag took full attention from two committers. Every release has a
> few patches that do deserve this level of attention, though, and they rarely
> attract it. Index-only scans did; commit a2822fb had a non-author committer
> despite an author having a commit bit.

Yeah, I was a bit surprised when Tom committed that, but I was
pleased. I didn't have huge confidence in it at that point, and
having Tom come along and give a hand was a great relief. I think he
not only committed the base patch but improved a very healthy number
of things about it as well.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company