Re: extensible options syntax for replication parser?

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: extensible options syntax for replication parser?
Date: 2021-09-21 16:27:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Sep 10, 2021 at 3:44 PM Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Last call for complaints about either the overall direction or the
> specific implementation choices...

A complaint showed up over at
http://postgr.es/m/979131631633278@mail.yandex.ru and pursuant to that
complaint I have made the new syntax for controlling the checkpoint
type look like CHECKPOINT { 'fast' | 'spread' } rather than just
having an option called FAST. It was suggested over there to also
rename WAIT to WAIT_WAL_ARCHIVED, but I don't like that for reasons
explained on that thread and so have not adopted that proposal.

Sergei also helpfully pointed out that I'd accidentally deleted a
version check in one place, so this version is also updated to not do
that.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Attachment Content-Type Size
v6-0001-Flexible-options-for-BASE_BACKUP.patch application/octet-stream 25.3 KB
v6-0002-Flexible-options-for-CREATE_REPLICATION_SLOT.patch application/octet-stream 16.4 KB