Re: snapshot too old issues, first around wraparound and then more.

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Kevin Grittner <kgrittn(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: snapshot too old issues, first around wraparound and then more.
Date: 2020-04-01 19:02:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Apr 1, 2020 at 2:37 PM Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de> wrote:
> Just continuing is easier said than done. Especially with the background
> of knowing that several users had hit the bug that allowed all of the
> above to be hit, and that advancing relfrozenxid further would make it
> worse.

Fair point, but it seems we're arguing over nothing here, or at least
nothing relevant to this thread, because it sounds like if we are
going to disable that you're OK with doing that by just shutting it
off the code rather than trying to remove it all. I had the opposite
impression from your first email.

Sorry to have derailed the thread, and for my poor choice of words.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company