Re: SQL:2011 application time

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Paul Jungwirth <pj(at)illuminatedcomputing(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter(at)eisentraut(dot)org>, jian he <jian(dot)universality(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: SQL:2011 application time
Date: 2024-04-26 19:25:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Apr 3, 2024 at 1:30 AM Paul Jungwirth
<pj(at)illuminatedcomputing(dot)com> wrote:
> I found some problems with temporal primary keys and the idea of uniqueness, especially around the
> indisunique column. Here are some small fixes and a proposal for a larger fix, which I think we need
> but I'd like some feedback on.

I think this thread should be added to the open items list. You're
raising questions about whether the feature that was committed to this
release is fully correct. If it isn't, we shouldn't release it without
fixing it.

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_17_Open_Items

--
Robert Haas