Re: Adding missing object access hook invocations

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Mark Dilger <mark(dot)dilger(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Adding missing object access hook invocations
Date: 2020-05-20 17:57:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 9:40 PM Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz> wrote:
> Okay. Any other opinions? I am in a 50/50 state about that stuff.

I don't really see any reason why this couldn't be committed even at
this late date, but I also don't care that much. I suspect the number
of extension authors who are likely to have to make any code changes
is small. It's anybody's guess whether those people would like these
changes (because now they can support all of these object types even
in v13, rather than having to wait another year) or dislike them
(because it breaks something). I would actually be more inclined to
bet on the former rather than the latter, but unless somebody speaks
up, it's all just speculation.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company