Re: Policy on pulling in code from other projects?

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
Cc: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Policy on pulling in code from other projects?
Date: 2011-07-22 18:25:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 2:22 PM, Kevin Grittner
> "Joshua D. Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com> wrote:
>> I personally think you are handwaving if you think we can
>> build out a robust parser in a couple of hours.
>
> I don't think so.  If you have a regular expression engine
> available, you should be able to get there by picking one of these
> and modifying:
>
> http://regexlib.com/DisplayPatterns.aspx?cattabindex=1&categoryId=2

Well, JD is talking about doing this client-side, so I don't think our
regex stuff would be available. Still, the fact that you can even
write a regex for it means it can't be that hard. It's usually pretty
darn straightforward to translate a regex into C code.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company