Re: Draft release notes complete

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Peter Geoghegan <peter(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Draft release notes complete
Date: 2012-05-10 17:51:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 1:44 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> wrote:
> Not sure where to move that to.  Source Code doesn't seem right.  I
> moved it lower in the performance section.

I'd just delete it. Instead, under index-only scans, I'd mention it
in the detail text: "This is possible because the visibility map has
been improved to be robust even in the face of database or system
crashes. Various race conditions that could result in incorrect data
in the visibility map have also been fixed."

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company