Re: 9.2 final

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Joshua Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 9.2 final
Date: 2012-06-12 12:52:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 1:02 PM, Joshua Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com> wrote:
> If we decide to do June, then PR will be minimal because I was assuming I had another 7 weeks to prepare it.  Not that that should be the deciding factor (it would be great to get out an early release and get it out of the way) but it should be taken into consideration.

Well, so far, enthusiasm for getting a release out sooner than the
fall seems pretty limited. Barring an uptick in enthusiasm, I think
you're going to get your 7 weeks.

Personally, I like getting releases out the door sooner, because then
people can start using the features sooner. And that's the whole
point, isn't it? But with no PR and no installers it won't be much of
a "release", so I think we have to wait. We might want to try to
start putting together some dates for beta3 and/or rc1, though, even
if they're a bit further out, so that the people who have to do work
around that can know what dates they're trying to hit.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company