Re: pl/perl extension fails on Windows

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Sandeep Thakkar <sandeep(dot)thakkar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Christoph Berg <myon(at)debian(dot)org>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Ashutosh Sharma <ashu(dot)coek88(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pl/perl extension fails on Windows
Date: 2017-08-08 14:49:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 8:37 AM, Sandeep Thakkar
<sandeep(dot)thakkar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
> An update from beta3 build: We are no longer seeing this issue (handshake
> failure) on Windows 64bit, but on Windows 32bit it still persists.

Hmm, maybe you should've reported it sooner, so we could've tried to
fix this before beta3 went out.

What was the exact message you saw, including the hex values?

Is the Perl you were building against for plperl the same Perl that
was being used for the build itself?

Do you have the portion of the build log where src/pl/plperl was being built?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company