Re: Command Triggers, v16

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Thom Brown <thombrown(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndquadrant(dot)fr>, Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Command Triggers, v16
Date: 2012-03-26 20:16:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 3:36 PM, Thom Brown <thombrown(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Can someone clarify whether this will be reviewed by a committer?
> Will there be time to get this reviewed before the commitfest closes?
> I get the impression the commitfest closure is fairly imminent.

Well, I have been holding off for two reasons:

1. It sure seems like there is an awful lot of code churn and design
work going on.

2. I'm not sure which patches Tom is planning to look at or in what
order, so I've been avoiding the ones he seems to be taking an
interest in.

Personally, I am about at the point where I'd like to punt everything
and move on. As nice as it would be to squeeze a few more things into
9.2, there WILL be a 9.3. If a few less people had submitted
half-baked code at the last minute and a few more people had helped
with review, we'd be done by now.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company