Re: pl/perl and utf-8 in sql_ascii databases

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Alex Hunsaker <badalex(at)gmail(dot)com>, Christoph Berg <cb(at)df7cb(dot)de>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pl/perl and utf-8 in sql_ascii databases
Date: 2012-06-19 19:33:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 3:03 PM, Alvaro Herrera
> That's what I thought.  I will commit to both branches soon, then.

I think there might be three branches involved.

> Mind you, this should have been an "open item", not a commitfest item.
> (Actually not even an open item.  We should have committed it right
> away.)

True, but it's not a perfect world, and I didn't feel qualified to
commit it myself. Adding it the CommitFest at least prevented it from
getting lost forever.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company