Re: TPC-H Q20 from 1 hour to 19 hours!

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Rafia Sabih <rafia(dot)sabih(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Developers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: TPC-H Q20 from 1 hour to 19 hours!
Date: 2017-04-01 00:57:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 7:53 AM, Rafia Sabih
<rafia(dot)sabih(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
> So, it looks like in the problematic area, it is not improving much.
> Please find the attached file for the query plan of Q20 with and
> without patch. I haven't evaluated the performance of this query with
> patch.

Yeah, I don't think this patch is fixing whatever is going wrong with
Q20. It's just a problem Tomas found while investigating that issue.
Unfortunately, I don't think we know what's really going on here yet.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company