Re: Add LZ4 compression in pg_dump

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>
Cc: Georgios <gkokolatos(at)protonmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Rachel Heaton <rachelmheaton(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Add LZ4 compression in pg_dump
Date: 2022-03-27 14:13:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Mar 26, 2022 at 12:22 PM Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com> wrote:
> 0002: I wonder if you're able to re-use any of the basebackup parsing stuff
> from commit ffd53659c. You're passing both the compression method *and* level.
> I think there should be a structure which includes both. In the future, that
> can also handle additional options. I hope to re-use these same things for
> wal_compression=method:level.

Yeah, we should really try to use that infrastructure instead of
inventing a bunch of different ways to do it. It might require some
renaming here and there, and I'm not sure whether we really want to
try to rush all this into the current release, but I think we should
find a way to get it done.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com