Re: foreign partition DDL regression tests

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: foreign partition DDL regression tests
Date: 2017-03-08 16:28:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 8:40 PM, Amit Langote
<Langote_Amit_f8(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp> wrote:
> Ashutosh Bapat pointed out [0] that regression tests are missing for the
> foreign partition DDL commands. Attached patch takes care of that.

Committed.

I didn't do anything about Ashutosh's comment that we could use ALTER
FOREIGN TABLE rather than ALTER TABLE someplace; that didn't seem
critical.

Also, the names of the objects in this test are kinda generic (pt2 et.
al.) but they match the existing names in the same file (pt1, foo).
If we're going to start differentiating those a little better, we
should probably change them all, and as a separate commit.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company