Re: Making all nbtree entries unique by having heap TIDs participate in comparisons

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie>
Cc: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi>, Dmitry Dolgov <9erthalion6(at)gmail(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Alexander Korotkov <a(dot)korotkov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Claudio Freire <klaussfreire(at)gmail(dot)com>, Anastasia Lubennikova <a(dot)lubennikova(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, "Andrey V(dot) Lepikhov" <a(dot)lepikhov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Subject: Re: Making all nbtree entries unique by having heap TIDs participate in comparisons
Date: 2019-03-06 21:37:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Mar 5, 2019 at 3:03 PM Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie> wrote:
> I agree that the parts covered by the first patch in the series are
> very unlikely to need changes, but I hesitate to commit it weeks ahead
> of the other patches.

I know I'm stating the obvious here, but we don't have many weeks left
at this point. I have not reviewed any code, but I have been
following this thread and I'd really like to see this work go into
PostgreSQL 12, assuming it's in good enough shape. It sounds like
really good stuff.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company