Re: GSoC 2017: Foreign Key Arrays

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Mark Rofail <markm(dot)rofail(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
Subject: Re: GSoC 2017: Foreign Key Arrays
Date: 2017-07-19 19:02:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Jul 19, 2017 at 2:29 PM, Mark Rofail <markm(dot)rofail(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 19, 2017 at 7:28 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>>
>> Why do we have to solve that limitation?
>
> Since the regress test labled element_foreing_key fails now that I made the
> RI queries utilise @(anyarray, anyelement), that means it's not functioning
> as it is meant to be.

Well, if this is a new test introduced by the patch, you could also
just change the test. Off-hand, I'm not sure that it's very important
to make the case work where the types don't match between the
referenced table and the referencing table, which is what you seem to
be talking about here. But maybe I'm misunderstanding the situation.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company