Re: ecmascript 5 DATESTYLE

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Ben Hockey <neonstalwart(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>, Mike Fowler <mike(at)mlfowler(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ecmascript 5 DATESTYLE
Date: 2011-12-06 20:09:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 1:11 PM, Ben Hockey <neonstalwart(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> i know its been over a year without any activity on this thread but did
> anything ever come of this?  i'd really like to be able to get dates to
> match the format specified for date time strings in ecmascript 5.  a generic
> way to specify the format would be ideal if it can be done securely.  has
> there been other threads discussing this more recently?

Not to my knowledge, though I don't read pgsql-general. I think this
is the sort of thing that really only gets done if someone cares
enough about it to settle down and put together a detailed design
proposal, get consensus, and write a patch. IOW, it's unlikely that
anyone else will do this for you, but you can certainly make a try at
doing it yourself, and get help from others along the way.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company