Re: log_min_messages shows debug instead of debug2

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Ideriha, Takeshi" <ideriha(dot)takeshi(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: log_min_messages shows debug instead of debug2
Date: 2018-05-17 13:30:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 4:58 AM, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
<horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp> wrote:
> It's not about me, but without knowing the history, "debug" can
> look as if it is less chatty than "debug2" or even "debug1". All
> log level of "debugN" are seen as DEBUG in log lines. Thus
> showing "debug2" as just "debug" may obfuscate the cause of
> having so many log lines.
>
> From another view point, it can be thought as not-good that print
> a value with a hidden word.
>
> In short, I submit +1 for this.

OK, I'm happy enough to commit it then, barring other objections. I
was just going to just do that but then I realized we're in feature
freeze right now, so I suppose this should go into the next
CommitFest.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company