Re: "unexpected duplicate for tablespace" problem in logical replication

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com, sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com, wangsh(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com, osumi(dot)takamichi(at)fujitsu(dot)com, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: "unexpected duplicate for tablespace" problem in logical replication
Date: 2024-01-15 21:32:07
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Fri, Jan 12, 2024 at 3:38 AM Kyotaro Horiguchi
<horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Maybe. It might be better for the cache not to register temprary
> relations at all.

This point seems worthy of serious consideration to me. Is there any
reason why we need RelidByRelfilenumber() to work with temporary
relations at all? I understand that the current behavior is exposed
via the SQL-callable function, but maybe that's not really
intentional. If there's no other use of RelidByRelfilenumber() that
needs to care about permanent relations intrinsically, I think we
shouldn't hesitate to just cut them out of the mechanism entirely.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com